[3:56 PM] Lupe Zea
· Provides the necessary general clerical support to the Shipping/Receiving department .
· Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading,invoices, orders, or other records. Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures,routes, and rates. Routes items to shipping/receiving departments. Provides documentation to others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
· Reads incoming correspondence and gathers data to formulate reply
· Keeps track of received data and source documents.
· Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
· Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions,inconsistencies, or missing data.
· Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following formatdisplayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.
· Compares data entered with source documents, or reentersdata in verification format on screen to detect errors.
· Makes necessary corrections to information entered.
· Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
· Basic knowledge of AR/AP and Quickbooks is plus.
· Knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
· High school diploma or equivalent education
· 1-2 years related job experience preferred
· Ability to type at least 40 wpm
· Ability to problem solve and multi-task
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to actively engage in conversations with clients
· Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
· Attention to detail
· Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required
· Meets challenges resourcefully