Cherry Picker - 2nd
Job Title: Forklift Operator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
· Moves, locates, relocates, stacks and counts stock with the assistance of a forklift, clamp truck and/or other power equipment. General labor and material handler duties within the shipping, receiving and warehouse department.
· Unloads inbound shipments safely and efficiently.
· Loads outbound shipments safely and efficiently.
· Moves materials in and out of storage locations accurately and without damage to items.
· Moves materials from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars, trailers and/or other transport vehicles.
· Stacks materials.
· Stages materials in staging areas.
· Fills orders.
· Pulls and prepares materials for shipment.
· Maintains equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
· Inspects and performs daily pre-inspection checklist on forklift.
· Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner per company policies.
· Keeps well-organized records and reports.
· Ensures proper stock rotation.
· Maintains clean, neat and orderly work area.
· Complies with all safety rules.
· Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
· *The Company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
· Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
· OSHA Forklift Training Certificate Preferred or Current Forklift Certification.
· Minimum Experience: 2 Years.
· Must be familiar with OSHA regulations regarding the operation of a forklift, clamp truck and all other related power equipment.
· Must possess the ability to be focused on observing proper operating procedures and safety practices.
· Must possess the ability to carry heavy objects, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to be able to move materials that cannot be moved with power equipment.
· Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures dependent on weather.
· Must be able to work around fumes, odors, chemicals and/or loud noises.
· Must possess excellent verbal communication skills.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to operate a forklift.
· Ability to operate any other related power equipment.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50+ pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Warehouse setting environment
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer