Data Entry Clerk - 1st
Job Title: Data Entry
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information , Results Driven, Energy Level
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Clerical-Office Environment.
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer