Forklift Operator - Order Selector 1st
Job Title: Order Selector
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Accurately selects product and prepares store orders for shipment. Operates powered industrial equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
6 Months minimum prior experience in Order Selecting and able to drive the Electric Pallet Jack.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
· Picks orders by selecting items from the warehouse according to a pick list created from store orders.
· Ensures all orders filled are complete and correct. Checks inventory information in the computer system.
· Places items on a pallet ensuring product integrity, stability and safety.
· Stages completed pallets at assigned dock doors for shipment.
· Meets established company standards on a daily basis including productivity, safety, sanitation, etc.
· Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed; comply with OSHA standards. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Quickly and accurately performing basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without the aid of a calculator; visualize and calculate quantities in three dimensional stacked arrangements (tie and tier); calculate proper distribution of weights and volumes within a trailer while loading.
· Work in warehouse environment with different temperature zones.
· Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to effectively manage time.
· Obtain necessary licensing / certification to safely and efficiently operate required equipment including powered industrial forklifts, powered pallet jacks, shrink-wrap machines and radio frequency computer terminals.
· Learn and memorize warehouse physical layout and operating procedures. Speak, read and write English. Communicate utilizing comprehensive verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
· Exhibit manual dexterity, hand/eye coordination, and depth perception.
· Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
· Stand, walk and move rapidly throughout a shift. Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
· Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs. occasionally, within the range of floor level to overhead.
· Establish and maintain good rapport with co-workers, supervisors and others.
· Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
· Perform primary duties safely with efficiency and accuracy. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Forklift, Powered Pallet Jack, Hand held radio frequency computer devices.
· Ability to operate a forklift.
· Ability to operate any other related power equipment.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Warehouse setting environment
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer