Material Handler - 1st
Location : Beaumont
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Start Date : 05/10/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Job Title: Material Handler
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Receives, processes, and delivers incoming orders and/or packs and ships outgoing orders.
- Transfers materials from storage area to ordering department and/or relocates materials within storage area.
- Transfers materials from stockroom, warehouse or other storage facility to ordering department and/or relocates materials within storage facility.
- Accepts incoming shipments upon arrival at dock.
- Removes merchandise from belt and moves it to appropriate area of stockroom, if required.
- Verifies merchandise shipments received against purchase orders, packing slips and/or waybills.
- Checks order for completeness and possible damage.
- Logs shipments, completes and forwards paperwork in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Files paperwork, as assigned.
- Matches prices on invoices, prices merchandise, if applicable.
- Processes orders for delivery.
- Loads and delivers merchandise to department, sales floor, or other designated location.
- Prepares, packs and ships all outgoing merchandise (including returns) according to department procedures.
- Maintains general order and cleanliness of area, including removal of trash, as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Preferred Experience: 6 - 12 Months Minimum
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Warehouse setting environment
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required Qualifications :
Skills :General Labor Warehouse