Material Handler - 1st
Brief Duties: General Labor duties as they arise. Working with electronics products.
Assignment: Temporary-To-Possible Hire which may end sooner or last longer than the estimated time.
Cell Phone Policy: No Cell Phones While Working!
Badge: You must bring in your badge to work every day or you will not be allowed to stay and work.
Attire that is (NOT ALLOWED) includes the following:
• Tank Tops & Muscle Shirts (Sleeveless)
• Sweat Pants, Workout Attire and Short Shorts
· No Hats
• Flip-Flops, Sandals, or Slippers
• Torn or Patched Clothing
• Baggy, Saggy or Ripped Pants
• Revealing Attire or Sheer Clothing
• Halter Tops or Bare Midriffs
• Low Cut or Off-the-Shoulder Attire
• Clothes with Inappropriate, Profane, or Offensive Slogans or Pictures
• No Yoga Pants or Leggings
***STEEL TOE SHOE POLICY***
***FORKLIFT DRIVERS ONLY***
For the personal protection of affected temp employees at Protech Staffing Services, Inc. only steel-toe work boot will be allowed in the workplace. This policy is implemented, in order to help reduce the possibility of serious foot injuries and to decrease the potential for slip/fall accidents and puncture wounds to the foot.
All forklift operators, and employees who work around forklifts in the workplace, are required to wear a steel-toe boot designed specifically for the industrial work environment.
BACKGROUND: CONTINGENT OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a current open position at one of our client’s facilities.
In the initial recruitment process, you were advised that this position is considered “critical” and, therefore, your appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. We have not received the final results of your background check. However, as we discussed, you have agreed to begin your employment with our client pending completion of your successful background check.
We reserve the right to end your temporary assignment with our client should the results of your background investigation indicate a relevant conviction deemed to be job related by Protech Staffing Services, Inc. in its sole discretion. We will contact you as soon as the background check has been completed.
Attendance Policy - CTDI Arizona
90 Day Period
2 Infraction Points Total = 1st Written Warning
4 Infraction Points Total = Assignment Termination
6 Month Period
2 Infraction Points Total = 1st Written Warning
4 Infraction Points Total = 2nd Written Warning
6 Infraction Point Total = 3rd & Final Written Warning
8 Infraction Point Total = Assignment Termination
.50 Points = Arriving Late or Leaving Early Unexcused
1 Point = Missing full day of work Unexcused
Lookback Period: 6 Months
Sick Time or Protected Time Off will not count towards point accumulation. But in order to not have a point counted against you, you must provide a time off request approved by your supervisor 2 weeks prior to the scheduled day off or late arrival or early departure.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Assembly of electrical power cords, sorting and refurbishing of such components for reuse. Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Cleaning, sorting and putting together electrical cords and power cord components.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Preferred Experience: 6 - 12 Months Minimum
- Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Quality, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Power Tools, Judgment, Decision Making
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Standing for 8 Hours or longer.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Warehouse setting environment
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer