Material Handler - Kitting 1st
Job Title: Assembler
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Assembly of electrical power cords, sorting and refurbishing of such components for reuse. Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Cleaning, sorting and putting together electrical cords and power cord components.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Preferred Experience: 6 - 12 Months Minimum
- Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Quality, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Power Tools, Judgment, Decision Making
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Standing for 8 Hours or longer.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
- Warehouse setting environment
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer