Product Assessment Specialist 1st
The Product Assessment Specialist is responsible for the accurate registering of the repairs coming into the customer service department from our retail stores by making the proper assessment of the repair and entering the data correctly into the system for tracking and charging purposes.
· Manage and process all incoming repairs by entering into the JD Edwards system within 2.5 days
with all required data
· Meet daily input goal of 70 entries
· Inspect all incoming repairs to assess the condition of the item against the store documents and
determine if the product is repairable
· Determine if product is covered under the free of charge (FOC) repairs or whether a charge will
· Keep track of all incorrect and missing data in JD Edwards to improve the system
· Use the JD Edwards system to access technical data in order to process the repair when repair instructions are not provided
· Determine the defect code and chrono date for each repair
· Record and keep track of repair warranties to ensure proper departments are advised
· Communicate with Customer Service Representatives to report feedback on received shipments and to ensure that performance results and/or issues are properly relayed to the stores
· Communicate with floor supervisors and/or artisans concerning any technical questions
· Communicate incorrect/missing data or technical questions to the Customer Service Supervisor
· Work through any customer service issues on rush shipments and provide estimates
· Scan and store all shipping logs into the department shared folder on a daily basis
· Participate in improvement projects within the company
· Make recommendations to improve processes
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives and goals
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
· Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED.
· 1-2 years experience in a data entry capacity
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organization and time management abilities
· Basic computer, 10-key, and data entry skills
· Must be able to work overtime as required by the demands of the business.
· Must be able to accomplish multiple tasks and respond quickly and effectively to changes in priorities.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
PHYSICAL/ ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
Product Assessment Specialist
Typical Working Conditions:
Indoors in an air conditioned repairs workshop
Computer keyboard and telephone ocassionally
Essential Physical Tasks:
Required to sit for extended periods of time. Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands or arms. It is occasionally required to stand,walk, hear and talk. Must be able to lift or move boxes. Vision abilities required such as close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.