Shipping Clerk - 2nd
Job Title:Transportation / Shipping & Receiving Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides the necessary general clerical support to the Shipping/Receiving and Transportation Department.
· Verifies and keepsrecords on incomingand outgoingshipments and prepares items forshipment: Compares identifyinginformation andcounts, weighs, or measures items ofincomingand outgoingshipments to verifyinformation against bills of lading, invoices,orders, orother records.Determines method of shipment, utilizingknowledge of shippingprocedures, routes,and rates. Routes items to shipping/receivingdepartments. Providesdocumentation to others in preparingoutgoingandreceivingincomingshipments.
· Reads incoming correspondenceandgathers data to formulate reply
· Keeps track of received data and sourcedocuments.
· Preparesand sorts sourcedocuments, and identifiesand interprets datato be entered.
· Contacts preparers ofsourcedocuments to resolvequestions, inconsistencies, ormissingdata.
· Enters alphabetic, numeric, orsymbolic data fromsource documents into computerfollowingformat displayed on screen, andentersnecessarycodes.
· Compares dataenteredwith source documents, orreenters data in verification format onscreen to detect errors.
· Makes necessarycorrections to information entered.
· Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracyof datato be entered.
· Basic knowledge ofAR/AP and Quickbooks is plus.
· Knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
· High school diplomaorequivalent education
· 1-2yearsrelated jobexperience preferred
· Abilityto typeat least 40wpm
· Ability to problem solve and multi-task
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Abilitytoactivelyengage in conversations with clients
· Abilityto present oneselfas well as the companyin a professional manner
· Attention to detail
· Interpersonal skills andcustomer service skills required
· Meets challenges resourcefully
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Clerical-Office Environment.
Protech Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer